Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Husky Burnette Debuts Brand New Track - Amazing Grace


 
"Amazing Grace was the only song I'd sing along with in church when I was young, it was my favorite. I never cared much for hymns but this one always hit me right. When I worked up this version it was probably 2010 or 2011. I never did anything with it and it fell by the wayside. Then not long ago I got some bad news about a friend, Kathleen Fiedler, who had passed and got asked to play this at her memorial service. One week later, my first drummer and very close friend, Allen Tate, passed as well. This tune is in memory of those two special people who will never be forgotten. I guess you could say it's also my way of giving back something that was given to me years ago. Enjoy. - Husky Burnette"

Photo by Connie Shelby Brandt